Jul 7, 2005

Music Meme time

About this time last week John slapped me with the music meme stick and then came to visit, ensuring I wouldn't get around to responding for at least a few days. Anyway, here's what I've got...

Total volume of music files on my computer:
Zero GB. I burned about 1G onto a disc for saving when I installed OSX a year ago, and I haven't downloaded or ripped anything since.

Last CD I bought:
It's been a while, thanks to generous friends who keep me supplied with fresh mix CDs. But I believe these three were in my last batch purchase:
Supper, by Smog
Vhunze Moto, by Oliver Mtukudzi
The Power Out, by Electrelane

Song playing right now:
Nothing, because our CD player is on the fritz. The last song playing in the car, however, was "Sunlight" by Herbie Hancock. From Sunlight

Five songs I listen to a lot these days:
"Liquidator" by Harry J. Allstars
From This is Reggae Music: The Golden Era 1960-1975, via a mix John handed me. A repetitious little organ bit, but groovy enough to crank up with the windows down.

"I Am That I Am" by Peter Tosh
Not as uppity as "Stepping Razor," but still an effective spirit lifter on a bad day.

"Super Cool (You're Just Super Fool) by Pat Hunt
One of many great tracks on SuperFunk vol 4, a collection of "rare and classic street funk from the vaults." If you can find a copy, balance this track with "Soul Heaven" by E Rodney Jones and Friends.

"Rocky Mountain High" by John Denver
I was never interested in JD as a child. Now I understand why. His are songs of experience, and many strike deep emotional chords for the more adult me. This track particularly so because it brings back memories of a hiking buddy who died of lung cancer in 2002.

"Watashi to Watashi" by Yuko Hara
Hara sings infectious little ditties in retro-chanson style, at least on the Tokyo Tamoure album I own. This is one is easy to sing along to even if you don't know Japanese.

Okay, I don't know how to tag, but if they're reading I'd be interested in hearing how Safety Neal and Mun Mun would respond to this meme.

4 Comments:

At 7/12/2005 6:30 PM, Blogger Safety Neal said...

Thanks for the meme, man, but it will probably take me a week to respond as well.

 
At 7/13/2005 10:47 PM, Blogger eBohn said...

No problem, Neal. Take your time.
And whenever you finally meme that meme, I'll meme on over and meme it out.

 
At 7/15/2005 10:48 AM, Blogger John Hill said...

I always liked Mr. Denver as a kid. My family still gives me a hard time about it. Maybe I was old for my age...not necessarily wise but old.

 
At 7/16/2005 2:39 AM, Blogger Mun Mun said...

I'll get to work on this immediately!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home