Jul 19, 2004

The month that wasn't

Almost an entire calendar page worth of days just flew out my window.

What have I been doing? Not enough, probably. Much of it job interview-related shuffling about in dark, long-sleeved clothing totally inappropriate to this country's sticky-blistering summers.

The happy result of my scant activity was that I landed a job of adequate proportions to last until May 2005, our revised re-patriation target. While my conscience generally keeps me honest (see post below), I'm not oblivious to the value of half truths and... how do you say it... plausible deniability? That and lots of culturally-sanctioned avoidance of eye contact.

To celebrate starting my new job tomorrow I gave this site a much-needed makeover. Okay, so I just changed the template, and haven't even customized the sidebar or re-installed the Haloscan comments. That I'll take care of tomorrow, providing I don't go on another extended laziness binge.

3 Comments:

At 7/19/2004 11:08 AM, Blogger John Hill said...

I like the new template. And the new comments, too. Blogger, right, not Haloscan? Must consider that for my page...

 
At 7/26/2004 12:25 AM, Blogger Safety Neal said...

Welcome back. I like the new look as well, it has a nice earthy feel to it.

I too have been on something of a blogging hiatus, so I cannot really chastise you. Good to hear from you and that all of your job-related suffering has not been in vain. Do keep us posted on your re-patriation plans.

 
At 7/29/2004 7:17 AM, Blogger eBohn said...

Thanks.

Actually, with regard to the repatriation business, we've flipped and flopped and flipped back again. We're once again aiming for early rather than mid 2005. Long and uninteresting story.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home