Mar 17, 2004

Happy St. Patty's!

We celebrated a day early, since Rie passed her final CCNP exam yesterday, and is attending a late meeting today. Our venue of choice would have been the Dubliners' in Shinjuku, for pints of Guinness, Kilkenny, and Blackthorn cider. But Shinjuku was one train stop out of the way, so we settled for Guinness and Bass at The Hub in Takadanobaba instead. Then some ramen at a little place not far from our apartment.

When I went to Shinjuku today to return some rented CDs, I found a whitey lying in the street. More precisely, the left half of his body was perched on the curb and the right half was lolling into the street. This was about 3pm. When I came back 15 minutes later he hadn't budged, so I checked to see if he was alive.

"You alright?" Nothing. A little louder, "You alright?"
This time his eyes opened vacantly and he managed a real deliberate "Awright."
Good enough for me. I went and had a coffee.

How about you? Any other speedbump drunks out there?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home